Relocating battery in W116 to the trunk

Would it be wise to do this taking into consideration the fuel tank is behind the seat?I bought 50 feet of 2 gauge wire for absolutely no reason other than it was super cheap and came up with this idea.
The reason is I have 3 amplifiers for my stereo in the trunk and am trying to shorten the power path.Also,even though MB engineers know best,it sitting so close to exhaust manifold bothers me!
I have some heavy sheetmetal to fab a battery box,but do I need to vent the battery to outside air?
Any thoughts appreciated!
Just buy an optima battery and put that one in the trunk in addition to the factory battery.... leave factory battery alone.
If you just want to keep the power near the amp, go with capacitors... these boost the power supply availability to amps for those heavy bass frequencies.
I have two,1 Farad each already wired in and an accuvolt also.
That's all you need... extra battery is for those who are in competition who wants to run stereo without car running...
Tiger wrote:

By the way Tiger,thank you for your response.

I totally agree with Tiger...
Although I do have to say that you don't need all that amplification. Just ruins your hearing.
Martin Joseph wrote:

What?
Ahh but you need amps... it brings the clarity, deepness and the soul of music to life... Hearing loss is just a by product... hehehe. I really got to do my new car soon... It is driving me nuts.

I think it's safe to say that if you need an extra battery, it's overkill with regards to fidelity... I used to have a nakamichi 4*35watt in my old 320i, and that was plenty of dynamic range (as well as ear damage).
Careful with that E21!!! I mean don't fall through the floorboard.Fun cars though,do you have the 2.0 or the 1.8?

it was a 2 liter 4 speed stick car. It was pretty nice too, the recarros (sp?) are still missed... Oh well.