Remote key

Hi, I have replaced the battery in the remote key for my Mercedes A class. How do I get it to work again, i.e. lock and unlock the car doors?

Jack, You don't tell us what kind it is. MB has IR and Radio types. With the Infrared type I find that you should clean the sensors on the car when the system does not function correctly. HTH, EJ in NJ
Jack wrote:

Ernie Willson wrote:

You may have to re-synchronize the key depending on the year model. Pre 2005 the manual explains how, post 2005 is a bit of a mystery. Cheers