Removal of sunroof drive

Hi

Are there any one who can tell how I remove the sunroof drive as I have to change the motor?

Regards Tomas

Reply to
Tomas Jensen

Sorry

Forgot to tell that it was on a 250 TD year 1987 :o)

Regards Tomas

Reply to
Tomas Jensen

Without knowing your car I can't give specifics but they're all roughly the same. PUll down on the sunroof panel to expose the guts in the roof.

You'll see the cable end where the cable attached to the roof. There's a clip. Take it out. Now retract the cable, and roof can now be removed as can the cable and drive.

The factory manuala cover this pretty well. It sounds scarier than it is, actually being extremely easy to do.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Hi Richard

Would I have to pull the cable out in the trunk end?

Richard Sext> >

Reply to
Tomas Jensen

Hi Richard

Would I have to pull the cable out in the trunk end?

Richard Sext> >

Reply to
Tomas Jensen

Loose the cable end that clips on the sunroof. Turn (either by hand or using switch if motor still works) the motor toward closing direction until the cable no longer comes out. Remove the 3 bolts on the motor assembly. That's pretty much it.

Pay attention to how the tubes go into the assembly while they are out of trunk. You may not see them well when putting them back inside the trunk.

When putt> The cable comes out at the sunroof end. The motor is behind the left side

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

Thanks

Now I have to readjust the "timing wheel" do any know how I do that?

Thanks again

Tomas

Wan-n> Loose the cable end that clips on the sunroof. Turn (either by hand or

Reply to
Tomas Jensen