Removal of sunroof drive

Hi
Are there any one who can tell how I remove the sunroof drive as I have to change the motor?
Regards Tomas

Sorry
Forgot to tell that it was on a 250 TD year 1987 :o)
Regards Tomas

Without knowing your car I can't give specifics but they're all roughly the same. PUll down on the sunroof panel to expose the guts in the roof.
You'll see the cable end where the cable attached to the roof. There's a clip. Take it out. Now retract the cable, and roof can now be removed as can the cable and drive.
The factory manuala cover this pretty well. It sounds scarier than it is, actually being extremely easy to do.
Hi Richard
Would I have to pull the cable out in the trunk end?
Richard Sexton wrote:

Hi Richard
Would I have to pull the cable out in the trunk end?
Richard Sexton wrote:

The cable comes out at the sunroof end. The motor is behind the left side panel in the boot. Can't remember if you need to take the cable out to replace the motor. It's been a while since I've changed one.

Loose the cable end that clips on the sunroof. Turn (either by hand or using switch if motor still works) the motor toward closing direction until the cable no longer comes out. Remove the 3 bolts on the motor assembly. That's pretty much it.
Pay attention to how the tubes go into the assembly while they are out of trunk. You may not see them well when putting them back inside the trunk.
When putting cable back, make sure it is not stuck or otherwise the replacement motor may strip its gears easily. It takes some effort for the cable going through the tube but it should not stop. The cable is very oily, dirty so be prepared if you do take it out. If not careful, you will have to clean out the interior later.
Lee wrote:

Thanks
Now I have to readjust the "timing wheel" do any know how I do that?
Thanks again
Tomas