Remove and Replace Throttle Body on 1995 S600 Coupe

I wanted to know if this is as hard as some shops make it out to be? Can this work be performed by owner? Thanks.

Which side? In reality, you have two in-line 6 cylinder engines. The throttle body on the left side runs the right 6 cylinders, the throttle body on the right side runs the left 6 cylinders.

Karl skrev:

Yes, and then the linkage between the two have to be adjusted (and perhaps some trim values in the ECU reset as well) Just the swapping should not be too hard.
Have a look at Bernard who rebuilds his Brabus 6.9 M120 engine; http://community.forenshop.net/forums/index.php?mforum=W140&showtopic 90&st60
(a lot of spendid images!)
br, syljua
Much thanks to you!
Øyvind S wrote:

Great pictures! I'm sorry that my german is limited to hello and good-bye. I'll keep researching because a local authorized mechanic wants about $12k to complete the work. Thanks.