Remove Mirror C230

Hi,
I got my car cleaned today and one of the controls that moves the drivers side mirror in and out has seemed to pop out. I can see the white plastic ball end move but it looks like it needs to be popped back
into the socket on the back of the mirror.
I tried to remove the glass by lifting up this small metal rod/spring on the top. But, I did not want to go any further. How can I remove it?
Thanks, Steve

door and slide off the housing in order to get to the 'guts'. Local bodyshop showed me how...I wasn't about to try it blind.
There is a trick to it and only takes 2 minutes to fix but sorry the guy fixed it so fast and it was a few years ago.
Larry
Thanks, I will just wait and have my local shop (Ditmire's) fix it :)