Removing glove box on 98 E320 (to replace cabin air filters)

What is the trick to getting the glove box out to replace the cabin air filters on an E320 (98)?
I've removed 6 screws (2 at top edge, 2 in floor of box, and 2 with rubber
rings that keep the box door from rattling), but it will not budge. There seems to be 2 recesses in the box ceiling either side of the light, that might have screws in them, but I can't get the screwdriver to lock into anything to turn. Is it a special type of screw, or a latch of some sort?
I've even pulled out the light and can feel around the exterior of these recesses, which do seem attached at the top, but I can't figure out how to get them to release.
Thanks for any help you can give.
--
Steve

As scary as it sounds...... just grab the door and YANK. It will come out with a sickening noise. There is 2 hooks on top holding it in. Just pull it out forcefully.

I don't think that you have to take out the glove box to replace the cabin air filters. I just replaced the blower motor in my 98 E320. To do so, I had to take down the cover underneath the glove box which is held in by two or three screws. As I recall, the filters were also accessible when this cover is down.
Dan

It depends on what type of A/C system you have. If the new filter is sort of rectangular with one corner cut off it's fitted by removing the passenger under dash trim. If the filter is in two pieces about 10" long then it's fitted behind the glove box.