Removing odors

Just got an 82 240D. It has an musty odor in it. Any sure fire ways to elimnate it?
Chris

i dunno, but if you find a good one, letme know. i have a similar problem with my '78 280CE. I think it may be due in part to perishing seals on the windows and doors, and water accumulating in the cabin as a consequence.
Chris wrote:

Try a can of coffee grounds.
Sprinkle it around, let it stay for a few hours, then vac. Afterwards, clean all the interior surfaces, including windows, dash, etc., with mild pine cleaner.

Ozone generator.
place a few fabric softener sheets under the sheets
I have a friend who runs a shop that renews car paint and interiors. He uses a device that produses ozon. He puts this little thingy in the car and seals the windows etc. and let it sit overnight. The ozon gas kill all germs and bacterias, and takes out almost any smell. Try and see if a shop like this near you have this kind of equipment

uses
seals
Ozone generators just plain do not work. I've tried them on several occasions to remove various odors, and NEVER been satisfied with the results.
DS