Removing steering wheel on 560SL

I'm having problems with the dashboard lights (loose connection) and the clock on my 1986 560SL. I need to remove the steering wheel, but the MB service manual only shows instructions for the pre-airbag model
years. Is it possible to safely remove the airbag?
Yes it is... orange or red wire from underneath the dash... one wire... disconnect it and then I believe there are two screws on back of the steering wheel to remove the airbag.
Majority of time, you do NOT need to remove the steering wheel to remove the cluster... Pull the cluster out with a hook tool... handmade with wire coat hanger or factory tool... and you have plenty of space to work with when you maneuver it.

Great help, thanks a lot!