Removing the radio or cell from a 1998 E320

Hi. I want to remove the cell phone module that is below the radio on the dash. The radio will not come out with MB keys, as one of the lock/ release mechanisms will not enage ... any ideas on how to get to the
release so that I can pull the old cell module out? Many thanks! Curt