Repair types

As I come more and more in contact with MBZ repair people I find two types... A. The purest who can't believe you wont spend your entire income fixing your 1992 Benz.
B. The throw some magic fluid at a problem and drive iit till it drops. ...type repair people. The A types are like shopping at Tiffany's where the $18.00 a hour clerk can't believe you cannot come up with megabucks for a ring....and looks down at you. The B types never knew that there is some satisfaction in trying to do the best you can within your budget.
Guess that's what we get driving Mercedes....................
As I come more and more in contact with MBZ repair people I find two types... A. The purest who can't believe you wont spend your entire income fixing your 1992 Benz. B. The throw some magic fluid at a problem and drive iit till it drops. ...type repair people. The A types are like shopping at Tiffany's where the $18.00 a hour clerk can't believe you cannot come up with megabucks for a ring....and looks down at you. The B types never knew that there is some satisfaction in trying to do the best you can within your budget.
Guess that's what we get driving Mercedes....................
Your money is green and they want it.
The purest will back off if YOU specify exactly what's to be done for that puts him into an order writing role instead of Master vs Serf ala "WE sold YOU a car?" The "alter of Mercedes" is long gone, as it should be.
My local M-B dealer offers three levels of oil changes: oil and filter change, lubrication service and yet another variant. The differences between them are only things like checking tire pressure, lubing the throttle cable (car doesn't need it) etc. I buy only what's needed and always ask for an estimate beforehand. And we get along fine.
And the sloppy approach just runs down the car - some owners don't care but why then did they buy a Mercedes?
T.G. Lambach wrote:

I bought mine to pick up chicks. I can fit a half-dozen of them in the back, along with enough vegetable oil to take me up and down the coast.
It's a magnet, I tell ya:
http://www.fancy.org/mb/mb-300TDsm.jpg
:)
-tom!