Replace AC Drier when changing Compressor?

Hello, seems my car was 'front' -ended and along with damaging the grill and radiator etc. the AC compressor was damaged. the compressor was replaced
and the AC recharged with R134. Is it important to have changed the drier at that point also?? the system was not open very long... probably just hours. Some insist it is critical others say not so. Eg, MB under warranty repairs of AC also does not replace Drier I am told by the repair shop. anyone know??     -thanks for any advice you might have
its essential to change the drier with a new compressor, or its warranty is void.

Yes! Always change the reeiver/dier when converting to a different refrigerant. Any knowlegeable technician would know that. P.