Replaced Blower Motor, now what??

I just replaced my AC/Heater blower motor on mt '89 300E but I still do not get anything from the vents. I verified the fuses are good, but I cannot even hear the AC Compressor kick in when I press the button.
Could this be the regulator or control unit?
Have you checked your ignition switch? Once the car is started and running... turn back the key a bit more without shuttting engine off... does it work? If yes, then you need to change your ignition switch.
Car turns off immediately. I did notice that the AC DOES WORK. But, the fan will not. Which wire connection on the fan motor do I apply voltage to to test with? I am interested to see if the motor I got is bad, or if it is something else.
Thanks
Replace the fuse first... blower motor only has two wires... one is brown which is ground.
If the compressor is good, then the vacuum pods need replacing. The climate control switch assembly might need replacing. When you open the glove box and remove the lining, on the left there is a test panel where one can test the vacuum of each of the pods with a vacuum meter available for cheap at Sears. MB will charge about $3000 for the job since the dash has to come off to get at the vacuum pods to replace them. Replacement pds can be had discounted from Rusty Cullen at 800-741-5252. Peter