replacement antenna for 2000 e430

I have a 2000 e430 and it has the COMAND navigation system. The antenna for this sits on the roof and is about 3 inches long. The rubber tube that protects the antenna has broken and the dealer says
that i can not just replace the tube but rather the entire antenna casing. I am trying to find what that part number is or better yet find a site where I can order it. It basically has one screw and i don't want to pay 300 bucks to remove one screw. I have googled it and found tons of mercedes parts sites but none have this antenna. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Take it in to the stealership and let Hans und Franz replace it. Do not attempt this repair yourself. You probably will void the bumper to bumper warranty and the entire kar will fall apart ... perhaps that one screw is the only thing holding it all together anyway. Is your warranty still in effect? Remember, in order for your stealership to stay in business, they have to have you bring your kar in to get it fixed. And you certainly would not want to see such lovely fellows out on the street, would you? And just where would you go to have the incredible buying experiences you have had at the stealership? And with all those extra people on the street, who is going to pay taxes so the illegal immigrants can stay here and do the labor that no one else will do? And then consider the ramifications when this terrible tsunami of unemployement and lack of sales hits Germany? Could be the blow that sinks the Euro Economy and plunges the world into a depression worse than 29. So just take the dratted kar in and get it repaired like they intended when they made that faulty part in the first place!

Does anyone in this group actually like Mercedes?
JAT wrote:

MEE! The only car I'd rather have is my old 1993 Dodge Caravan. But when I bring it up my wife says I've going crazy! I just don't understand women!
But I am rather getting tired of McLaren's cars in F-1. Seems it's either the framework or the engine that's falling apart! :-( That wouldn't have happened if Bruce hadn't been killed!
Did you try Ebay? I've seen lots of replacement antennas on there

I hear you.... my take is they like cars to be trouble free and new above all. If there is the 'slightest' problem and or hick-up of some kind they are absolutely dumbfounded and can't stand not to be in control :-)
....flame suite on....
cheers, guenter
I don't realy like the MB. It just happens to have the biggest and most comfortable seating I have ever had - 97 S420. And it does drive nice. But it needs to be fixed all the time. On the other hand, it does have all the keen little things like holding the rest button on the AC and then reading out all the voltages and temps. When the auto windows stop autoing up and down, you can reprogram them. And of course there is the lack of any passenger ammenities like cup holders that work neatly or a CD player or ....And there is the great joy of going to the stealership. And ... oh I could (and have) go on and on and on and on ...
mcbrue wrote:

Eh, mcbrue, I saw you nosing about in a.a.lexus, asking about how the new models were - tempted, are we? ;-) - and from the answers they gave you, I'd rather be here just "hating" how funny my MB drives sometimes, and hang out here in a.a.mercedes with some really great people.
Cheers, WS
Not true... it will not void the entire warranty.
Tiger wrote:

not concerned about the warranty as the warranty expired 2 years ago. Which is also why i don't want to take it to the dealer. I just am looking for the part name and number.
look if you want e-mail me and i'll tell you the part number i work at a dealership. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com