Replacement key

We just purchased a 2000 CLK430 and the previous owner was unable to find the 2nd key. What info do I need to provide MB to get a replcement? How much are they?
Thx, Mark
Add pictures here
βœ–
You can take your ownership papers that has the VIN number on it and a key can be ordered. They cost approximately $25 and are cut by MB out on the east coast.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Think you will pay more than that for a DAS3 key, in the UK they are approx £60 for the remote and £15 for the blade
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
βœ–
Yes, it's one of those electronic doohickeys. 60 quid's a bit steep!

key
Add pictures here
βœ–
I would like to know where you go to get the valet key. the flat flat one.

the
Add pictures here
βœ–
The key is really cheap in the UK, the remote and the key here cost more than NZ$300 (90 pounds).
Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

key
Add pictures here
βœ–
Your local dealer can order one for you if you provide the VIN and proof of ownership. We ordered one for our S500C a while back through our local dealer in Anchorage. Didn't know they were $140.00 for the electronic version. Good grief. Also, we recently bought a preowned CL500 and the dealer (Fletcher Jones MB of Chicago) wouldn't provide a second key but he did offer to order one for us at "his cost", $125.00. Finally received the floor mats for this car by the way. They had removed them before they shipped it to us. Only took two complaints to MB Customer Service and six months of emails and phone calls. Ahhhh, Fletcher Jones! Dale (not Camille)
Mark Atanovich wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

What were they going to do, sell the mats on eBay? ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Camille, was your car starmarked?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yes. And still they wouldn't provide all the original equipment. I even had to insist Fletcher Jones of Chicago supply a CD changer magazine because it was missing as well. They took one out of another pre-owned car... Dale (not Camille
BS wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
My price estimate is for the standard key, not for the "smart" keys or flip keys.

Add pictures here
βœ–
A 2000 CLK uses an EIS ignition switch. Only the samrt key will turn it. The metal blade key will only get you in the door!
And keys are no longer done in Baltimore. The operation has moved to Fort Worth.

Add pictures here
βœ–
would you have a number? I need a valet key.

Add pictures here
βœ–
As far as I know, the flat wallet key is not available as a replacement part. I have not been able to order any for any car I have Starmarked where I work. It was key #3. If your trunk has a lighted green button inside, there is no valet key available. The valet option had to go by-by when US federal law required trunks to be escapeable from if someone locked you in it.

Add pictures here
βœ–