Replacement remote key

I posted an earlier question about how to find cheap(er) replacement remote-entry keys compared to the astronomical dealer price, and was directed to:

However, the online dealer this site refers to has just doubled their price!

As an alternative, these keys (used) are available on eBay at MUCH cheaper prices. Has anyone had success getting a dealer to re-cut and reprogram a key for them?

Reply to
George

Did more Googling and now can answer my own question. The IR function in the key can only be programmed one time, and that's what is used to start the engine, sooo .....

Reply to
George

Even at $114.80 + 3.20, it is still probably going to be much cheaper than buying at your local dealer.

Reply to
-