Any info, oh glorious keepers of knowledge?
thanks, -tom!
If the plastic end is broken, replace it. MB supplies a split replacement end piece.

#275 in the 1st picture here: http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F 3130&Ma7%2E912&GAr2%2E118405&GMq6%2E005++++++++++++++717%2E400&CT=F&cat"2&SID0&SGR5&SGN
Part number 116 302 01 50

Karl wrote:

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F 3130&Ma7%2E912&GAr2%2E118405&GMq6%2E005++++++++++++++717%2E400&CT=F&cat"2&SID0&SGR5&SGN
Thanks. I went to the dealer and pointed at the pretty pictures that I wish I could get, and the parts will set me back like $10. I'm guessing the installation is fairly straight forward once I have the parts in-hand?
-tom!
Karl wrote:

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F 3130&Ma7%2E912&GAr2%2E118405&GMq6%2E005++++++++++++++717%2E400&CT=F&cat"2&SID0&SGR5&SGN
Ok so I have the part, but I must be missing something because this thing has a slot so I can put the cable into it easily, but what holds the cable on the other end? Should I just fashion a clamp of some sort on the end, or perhaps even tie a knot in it? Also, how tight should this be against the linkage? I fear that if it's snug it'll be fighting against the shutoff valve.
thanks, -tom!