Replacing M-B Stereo

Hi, I have a radio wiring diagram, and the special tools to take out the MB Radio/ Cassette player. I was wondering if I could just replace it with an off-the shelf CD/MP3 player from any local stereo store?

Reply to
Shawn

Yes, it can be replaced by any aftermarket CD head unit but for best results replace the o.e. speakers because aftermarket head units supply a four ohm output, and all aftermarket coaxial speakers are also four ohm impedance. When running wires to new speakers avoid the wires coming off the o.e. fader. Aftermarket head units have faders built into them. P.

Reply to
Peter Klein

Hi Peter, thanks for the quick response.

I take it that the the OEM Mercedes ones 8 ohm then. I'm hoping any new head will take 4-8 ohm speakers. When you say faders, do you mean the radio pre-amp that's located in the driver's side C-pillar - from what I can see all the wires from the MB stereo go there first, and then out to all the speakers, so if I were to change stereos and speakers, bypassing this unit and running all new wires, I'd pretty much have to take apart every piece of interior trim to do the job right. Is this correct? Cheers Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

I think he was referring to the older models with the fader wheel in between the seats.

Reply to
BS