Replacing Missing 300D Insignia

The 300D insignia fell off the trunk of my '77 300D. I have a replacement as well as the three plastic grommets that go in the holes in the lid and mate with pins on the rear of the insignia.
It looks as if some kind of cement was used before to bond the insignia to the trunk. Should I use some cement and what kind would be recommended?
Thanks!

On my 300SD there is no cement. And that's a good thing because I pry them off when waxing the car. It's then easy to get the dirt off. Was really good when diesel fuel was dirty and the exhaust used to dirty up the insignias. The little plastic widgets are still holding them on fine after 31 years.
I did have some similar metal widgets that hold the chrome molding around the rear window rust off. Was driving and heard something blow off. Figured out what it was, took a couple u turn passes in the night to find it, but it was in the gutter and still fine. Got some new steel clip things and put it back on.