Replacing Steering Box: Should I Replace Steering Coupler, Too

Since I'm getting ready to replace the leaky steering box on my 380sl with 150k miles on it, I'm wondering if I should take the opportunity to replace the steering coupler too, even though there's no indication
that it's worn. Looking at the steering box, I was also wondering whether it's possible to remove the pitman arm without removing the exhaust pipe that comes off the left manifold and travels under the arm.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Why NOT replace the coupling at the same time? Just think how you'd feel if the coupling needed to be replaced in the next few years - after you thought you were done with the steering.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:43:55 -0700, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

Thanks, T.G. I just needed to hear it from a pro before I opened another can of worms I didn't have to open.