replacing switch on climate control unit

I need to replace the EC button on the climate control unit in my 380SE. Do those come off without any uninstallation, or do I need to take the wood paneling off and then take apart the climate control unit?
Thanks, Richard
Yep, you need to take everything out. Starting with ashtray unit... then radio... then the wood... then all the little switches and finally the climate control unit.
If you just want to replace the BUTTON, all you need is a pair of large slip-joint pliers. Not Channelocks or water pump pliers, just the old fashioned slip joint pliers. Grab the top and bottom edge of the button and pull.

Yup, all I want to do is the button. Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad it's the easy route, but I'm kinda sad because now I won't have an excuse to replace all those little things back there that have gone yet but will eventually. Richard