Replacing Tie Rods & Drag Link On A 107

My 380sl just failed inspection because a couple of the tie rod ends and drag link had an excessive amount of play. So i was thinking about replacing both tie rods, rather than just the ends, and the drag
link.
The job doesn't look too hard, relative to many of the things i've already done on the car myself (e.g. valve stem seals, chain, chain guides, tensioner, fuel pump, accumulator. AC servo, starter). But I was just wondering if i was going to need any special tools, like a tie rod puller, and if there was anything else i should know about the job before i tackle it.
Thanks very much in advance.
Todd Burns wrote:

Many people use a pickle fork and a big hammer to git dem loose, but I like a screw-press tool like this one (It doesn't destroy the rubber boot)
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID 316&PartNo=cj119b&group_id45&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all
but don't spend a hundred bucks for it. I have one from another mfg but can't remember where I got it from (about $30)
Thanks. But if i'm replacing the drag link, do i still need this?
On 20 Nov 2006 18:31:33 -0800, "Save Da World"

<Todd Burns> wrote in message wrote:

If you are going to do this job,. you might as well do the entire steering like you said... the drag and two complete tie rods. You just have to measure the distance between the two tie rod ends so you can set your new one close enough so that you can run to alignment shop afterward.
Nothing special... just don't forget the steering shock absorber.