replacing vacuum modulator?

IS there any adjustment required when installing a new vacuum modulator?
mine was perrished and allowing trans fluid to be sucked into the engine.
1979 6.9

Yes, you need to adjust the vacuum modulator after you install it.
how does one go about this ?

Technically it needs to be done by a pressure gauge attached to the tranny... but you can get close enough by the feel of shifting... adjust it to the same firm shifting as original.
If you look at the modulator... take that rubber cap off... inside there is a T key... slide it out a bit... and turn it... Clockwise to firm up the shifting... reverse for softer shifting.

Usually. But if it shift fine with respect to hashness/smoothness of the shifts when installed, then, no.
| >IS there any adjustment required when installing a new vacuum modulator? | | Usually. But if it shift fine with respect to hashness/smoothness of the | shifts when installed, then, no.
I never had a vacuum modulator when i purchased the car 2 years ago, it was plugged off and perrished, the shifts were harsh.
Ive totaly restored the car externaly, also removing the engine and trans stripping and rebuilding, also rebuildign the front end etc.
the new modulators stock calibration gives little to no hydraulic pressure, one has to drive like a grandmother. disconnecting the vacuum line, ie, full pressure, gives neck snapping gear shifts. I Thought there would be something to adjust ;)