Replacing window on 107's

    Someone broke the driver's side glass on my 380sl, and i'm in the process of replacing it with a window I got from a slavage yard.
However, I can't figure out how to get the metal slides/spacers that are on the lower corners of the window on once I get the window and its track into the door, and I don't think the window will slide into the door with those things on. So any advice on how to go about doing this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
If the rear lower corner slide block is off the 'new' glass, you wasted your money. I have never had any luck with any product to rebond it to the glass. Buy a NEW window from the dealer!
If it is off, it is off because whoever adjusted the window did NOT set the down stop on the regulator. They let the window stop the regulator when the block hit the bottom of the door. You have to adjust the stop ON the regulator to stop the regulator 1st before the glass hits the door.
If you remove the outer chrome sill trim and the rubber, the window with block fits in the end of the door.

Thanks Karl. I have a lot of respect for what you say, but I'd still like to try to save the window. Did you happen to try those 2 part putty-like epoxies that harden into steel?
Thanks Robert
BTW, you mentioned some time ago that you were going to install that new type of A/C servo into a car. I was wondering what you thought of it and how difficult installing it was? Thanks again

I tried them all. None held, even after roughing the glass. I don't know what the factory uses but it holds until the block hits the bottom and knocks it off.
That was not me about using a new servo.....