Right Rear side light

My right rear side light went out ( 1994 E320 ). After checking the bulb and fuses I had the dealer fix it for a few hundred dollars. They said a circuit board needed to be replaced when that light goes out.

Two years later the light is out again. The bulb is fine - works in another plug - but there is no power at the right rear side light socket. Fuses are ok.

Hate to pay another few hundred dollars to have a light fixed.

Has anyone had this problem ?

Reply to
Jim

Had the problem on a E300TD 1999, its caused by the light cluster circuit board 'cracking' thus pwr contact is not made to the bulb holder. You can replace the circuit board yourself, its a simple operation.

Reply to
MrGrumpy

If it's a crack in a trace, you can fix the circuit board instead. Simply scrape off abit of insulation on both sides of the crack and solder a bit of wire across it.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

...... if you can find the crack!

Reply to
John Simpson

Touche!

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I'm having a similar problem with my right front head light. Could it be caused by the same circuit board? Where is the circuit board?

Reply to
Bob