Roadside Assistance question

We are newbies to MB and had a flat tire on the freeway some 30 miles from home. I couldn't get in touch with my usual contact and called the MB Roadside Assistance number. They were there in about 10 minutes from some distance away.

When I talked to the assistance people on the phone they said it's available for ALL MB owners regardless of the age of the car.

The question I have is: Does anyone *NOT* know about this feature?

I find that absolutely amazing. :-D

James in Idaho, USA

Reply to
James O'Riley

It's a great service. Any MB owner can use it, whether the original purchaser or not.

I had a battery fail some 70 miles up into the hillsides above the Pacific Ocean. They drove to my vacation home, installed a replacement battery, even wiped my handprint from the front hood when they closed the car back up. The battery was under warranty, and the Roadside Assistance was a very nice thing to have at the time.

TeleAid service kept me waiting one time (10 mins of redial), but overall, the Roadside Assistance is great. It even called someone when I hit a tree a few years back. Brilliant.

"James O'Riley" Roadside Assistance number. They were there in about 10 minutes from some

Reply to
News

I didn't know about this. Do they really help out if you've got an old Mercedes?

Steve

"James O'Riley" Roadside Assistance number. They were there in about 10 minutes from some

Reply to
Steve

Throughout the life of your Mercedes-Benz, a Roadside Assistance expert is just a toll-free call away. Call 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372) for assistance any time you're on the road, day or night, if you have a problem related to your Mercedes-Benz. If you ever need assistance while traveling in your Mercedes-Benz, just call

1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372) for our 24-Hour Roadside Assistance. Our Roadside Assistance Experts know Mercedes-Benz automobiles, and they're well prepared to handle unforeseen roadside complications. And here's a reassuring fact: Every Mercedes-Benz in the U.S. - no matter how old, how many miles it's logged or how many owners it's had - qualifies for Roadside Assistance, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Roadside Assistance repairs could involve charges for services and parts. Depending on the circumstances, an outside service may provide Roadside Assistance repairs at the discretion of Mercedes-Benz USA LLC.

Sign and Drive "What should I do if I run out of gas? If I get a flat tire? If my battery dies?"

When you own a Mercedes-Benz, the answer is simple: don't worry. Our Roadside Assistance Program includes a free service called Sign and Drive, providing prompt relief for the three biggest headaches of the highways. We'll jump-start your run-down battery, bring you a few gallons of fuel to get you back on your way or change a flat tire using your spare, all free of charge.

Rugbyguy

Does one need to be a subscriber to TeleAid or pay some monthly fee in order to use this or can I simply dial them on the phone, say....versus AAA etc?

Reply to
raymond-

If you come back and read this reply you'll have several answers to your question. :-D

We've pondered over TeleAid and finally decided we *will* henceforth remember to take our cell phone with us. I don't know that TeleAid is any more reliable than cell phones are, but maybe someone can answer that question.

James

Reply to
James O'Riley

Absolutely amazing! This alone will make me consider a new MB when I decide to buy a new car.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I drive a '94 SL320, and once called for roadside assistance. They responded promptly, and made it a point to advise me to call if ever again I needed their help.

Canoli

Reply to
canoli

I feel the same. Not only that, shortly after buying this 2002 E-320 I received a 4 page survey from MB Headquarters in NJ. I complained about several things associated with the dealership. A week later I received a phone call at 9 P.M. Pacific Time as a follow up. She sounded sincerely worried.

Add that to your reasons for buying again. ;-)

They may be expensive, but they certainly provide more services than others. I'll NEVER buy another Chev, Ford, Chrylser!

James

Reply to
James O'Riley

the technical guy I got on the other end 'walked' me through DIY repairs on my driveway on a saturday afternoon .... I couldn't have been more pleased since my car was over 15 years old at the time. I couldn't believe it myself at the time.

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Exactly what phone numbers did you use for roadside and "driveway" assistance?? I have a C240

Bob

Reply to
Apple Dumpling

In Europe this assistance is always available under a Europe-wide freefone (toll-free) number but is not free if the problem is not covered under warranty.

Recently I had an oil leak that required a tow to a garage (from outside my home). The Merc service alerted me to the potential fee (GBP 100+) and even suggested I use the service provided under my motoring organisation membership if it is guaranteed free. My sump had been damaged by my going over a 'speed bump' too quickly so not covered by any warranty.

Some years ago I saw smoke emerging from my engine compartment when stopping at a (Belgian, i.e. 'foreign) service station. My then Merc was quite new. They turned up within 30 min in a fully equipped estate (230E?). Luckily it was only excess fluid from a recent service burning when hitting the hot engine block.

No charge to me.

Definitely good reasons to buy Merc.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"James O'Riley" Roadside Assistance number. They were there in about 10 minutes from some

In the UK its called something else (I forget) and it only covers you for the first 30 years of ownership ;-( I think its limited to things like failure to start and the service book has to be up to date.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

1-800-222-0100

It's in your owner's manual or somewhere on one of the visors. If not there then stop by any MB dealer and they will give you a handfull of "stickit" labels.

We tried directory assistance and the operator had never heard the name; probably owned an old Pinto. :-P

Reply to
James O'Riley

WoW! A definite reason to live in Idaho. ;-) I called the dealer and asked if it would affect my warrantee if I could use a local Subaru dealer for oil changes *only*. The dealer is only 5 miles away and not

  1. The dealer simply said, "No." So that's the bad news and good news.
Reply to
James O'Riley

It's on the plastic card that I got with the car's paperwork labeled or identified as 'road side assistance'. ie like a credit card, I don't have it handy at the moment. they did, nevertheless, ask me to have to towed in to the nearest MBZ dealer ;-) I gratefully declined of course.

cheers, guenter

ps this is in Canada

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

You're thinking of Mobilo Life; I guess it is similar. Europe-wide with a Europe-wide toll-free number. The system senses from where you are calling and connects you to a 'local-language' speaker where possible.

Not limited. Only they may charge you if item not covered under warranty.

Is this the telephone no. you have 00800 1-777 7777?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

In article , James O'Riley >>>> if you've got an old Mercedes?

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Apple Dumpling

A word of caution. This will not work in the USA if your Mercedes wasn't made for the USA. Each country has its own MB company which pays for service calls. My MB was originally purchased in Canada. I purchased it (used) in the USA. Mercedes USA will not honor this agreement.

"James O'Riley" Roadside Assistance number. They were there in about 10 minutes from some

Reply to
CLK

In Europe Mobilo Life covers most of Europe. A toll-free number that works in most of Europe is given.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling