Rotex Gold brake pads

These pads have no black graphite in them so they don't make your front wheels black. I bought a set for $58 from coximport.com and they are a steal! They have the same stopping power as o.e. pads and they make them for all MB's. P.

Reply to
pkmaven

I have them on my ML and the only complaint is that they can be a bit noisy during light braking. After about 10K miles, I did remove them and "knock them down". This temporarily eliminated any squealing, and also significantly improved braking performance. I was also quite impressed with how well they are wearing as compared to MBZ OEM's.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

So do they wear out rotors faster than MB pads?

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

It seems that this could be a possibility given that they are harder than OEM's. I have over 50K on my original rotors (over 30K of that with the Rotex Pads), but I have not bothered to measure them. I have no vibration to make me expect that they are wearing too thin. I will check them at the next pad change (which looks like it will be at least another 20K miles). My guess is that then, with nearly 75K miles of wear, it will be time to replace them regardless of the hardness of the pads.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill