Rover 75 diesel

I'm having starting problems once the engine is hot. Starting from cold is ok. this is a 52 reg 2lt engine. Can anyone shed some light and recommendation. Thanks

Reply to
twatties

Don't know anything about Rover engine but simple diagnostics is all you need regardless of diesel engine. I am assuming you have harder time starting when engine is warm.

If the valves is adjustable, when was the last time you had them adjusted? It is very critical part... if valve is not sealing tight when engine is warm, hard start... Warm metal expand so valve is slightly more open than when cold.

Reply to
Tiger