running the 300E cold

I notice that my 1989 300E gets warm very quickly. In about a half mile the temp gauge is already passed 40 but it does stabilize around 80 or alittle above that. Is that normal? Can I get a thermastat
that opens at a lower temp so it runs cooler. Im not familiar with import cars but I know that heat kills an engine. Would running the 300E cooler be wise? The coolant is blue, can I used green antifreeze with it? Whats the difference between blue and green antifreeze?
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/running-300E-cold-ftopict248407.html
That is normal operating temperature and must be at that temperature. As long it doesn't go past 100 degree... you are good.