Rust....

Why do all mercs made in the last 10 years or so rust very badly ? ....... but my '91 doesn't ......

Reply to
Jimbo........

The accountants took over managing the Mercedes (Daimler-Benz) company from the engineers in the mid-1990s. There is no better example of the decline in manufacturing standards than comparing the W124 E Series with its 1996 W210 successor.

I suggest the last nine years, since 1998, when Daimler-Benz merged with Chrysler, have been the worst. Bringing Chrysler's "low costs", in other words "low standards", to the manufacture of Mercedes cars has been a disaster. Thankfully, Chrysler has gone now, and there is a strong drive to restore Mercedes quality.

Reply to
Tony Polson

Very true....every front wheel arch is rotten including my '98 c180 ... sad init? .......just have to keep my '91 190e forever......

Reply to
Jimbo........