Rusting of new grill

Hi all, I'm wondering re MB quality. I recently had an accident when someone backed into the front of my 190e. The grill was replaced twice now with a supposed new one from MB and everytime within days of putting it on
the chrome is cracking and rust appears. Is this typical of MB parts or is the body shop sourcing parts from elsewhere. I am being repeatedly told that this is a common problem but find it just a tad difficult to swallow. Then again, one never knows for sure.
- thanks for any advice
who replaced this so called "typical MB part" ? there is lots of 3rd party stuff out there...made from cheap materials and very thin chrome layers....
get original MB part....this will last...
My 190E is 14 years old...the grill is the first one...and there is no rust and there are no cracks at all... and this car sits in the street....
complain!
Alex

now
is
that
Then
My situation practically same -- 11 years old last week and almost always out in the street. Same grill, no rust, as far as I can tell.
Somebody in this NG will no doubt tell you that Merc parts made in 1993 are better than those made in 2003... ;-)
DAS

    Thanks for the answers Alex and Dori. Well, maybe 2003 parts _are_ worse, My bodyshop assures me that my replacement grill was an original MB part. They then replaced it with a new one and, voila, the new one has also rusted within a few days of putting it on. In both cases 'cracks' about 1/4" appeard in the chrome with rust below. I also drove ancient 240D with absolutely no rust on the chrome. I don't understand.
- best regards