S 280 Control Box failure

Does anyone know why the Control Box (Chip) would suddenly fail? My S 280 just had this problem a couple of days ago and I had to change the control box and the fan control box - two major expenses. I would like to know the cause for such a failure. This car has run 10,000 km and is full optioned.

Reply to
Joy via CarKB.com

only about 7,000 miles and your flipping the bill?

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man