S320 Immobilizer problem

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me.

I recently bought a W140 S320, the electric windows suddenly stopped working and also the radio.

I started the car and left it running while I removed and tested and replaced the fuses in the boot (fuse numbers 5. 6 .16.), There was no power going to the fuses.

After stopping the engine and removing the key the car will now not start and the alrm is constantly resetting itself.

I have tried doing what I read from the internet a while ago which is quoted below.

"Unlock car disconnect the battery. for at least 1 hour.. Make sure nothing is on.. no heater seats radio nothing.. Ahh does the radio work now? that will tell if the batt has been disconnected..Reconnect then run throught setup routine lock and unlock the door from the outside with the button on the keyfob, not with the key..do this twice at least with a couple of mins between.sit in drivers seat then wind drivers window down, and exit car, close door,hold keyfob next to door handle press and hold button.. system will lock, then window will go up. then immobiliser will set itself on. if the window does not go up..you have problem.. now put key in ignition.. turn to position 1 single red light.. listen you will hear relays etc stay there for 30 seconds..then to position 2 all dash lights again at least 30 seconds. now turn off remove key.. listen.. 90 seconds now put key in turn pos1 ten sec then 2 ten sec then 3.. and you should be running"

The interior mirror red and green lights kep flashing together when I try to syncronise the key using the fob.

At the moment the battery is disconnected and on charge and I will refit it and try again tonight after work.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Kind regards

Reply to
Chugar