S320(W140) fault

Hi, currently all the 4 doors & boot of my S320(W140) has lost the automatic close aid function(like it will automatically suck the doors in when you
close it), can anyone tell me what may cause this problem? Thanks in advance.
Best regards Tommie
Think this system is vacuum operated. Sounds like a vacuum leak but maybe one of the pros can add some expertise... Dale (not Camille
Tommie Hui wrote:

Try resetting the closing assist pump. In the trunk [boot] on the right side should be a fuse box. Pull fuse 4 and 9 and count to 10...... put them back in. Try your doors. They should work for a while. Save up for a new closing assist pump. The system will die again.

I took the fuse out of mine ( in the trunk ) for 5 minutes or so and put it back in... it`s been fine for about 4 months since.....
brett..

Yes, that does the trick allright! Now if only gud ole Jerkin Shrimp could figure out how to make a reliable pump ... sure is a good idea, though. And I am sure it doesn't add a bit of cost to the kar. But you do have to admitt that it does make you feel like a real king of the hi tech world as you drive down the road with your vacuum system hissing away or the vacuum pump sucking air! Hmm ... wonder if that is the kind of suction that ole Jerkin gets applied to him when ... oh nevermind! I am sure he would not be taking it out on his customers !!!!!!
mcbrue back under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420