S430 long term reliability...

I'm looking at buying a 2000 S430 and was wondering if there are any specific issues or concerns from this model year? The car only has

44,000 miles and appears to be in great shape. Are there any problems in particular, especially from being the first year of a new model that owners have had to battle from this year? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

John

Reply to
elshaw2003

Run carfax on this car... and let the dealer inspect the car before you buy it... that is if you are buying from private individual or used car dealers... you need to ask for permission and make appointment with dealer.

Reply to
Tiger

airmatic suspension has a tendency to go bad on these. As does the brakng system

Tiger wrote:

Reply to
Chris

I bought an S 430 new in 2000. Thank God there was a warranty, because everything in the world went wrong in the first couple of years. Replace the AC , replace the front suspension, and a jillion other smaller things.

Now however with about 80,000 miles, it seems to be OK. I did today have to replace the ABS acutuater pump ($1400), but that's probably normal for a car with this age and mileage.

The main problem with this car is the cost of service. For example, new wiper blades are $68 each. If you can find a non-stealership mechanic, do so. Otherwise, it's a great car.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

What I wanna know is, how many jillions are there in a zillion?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I looked it up online and retail is 48 and they can be had for 40-45.

Must be nice having a car with platinum reinforced wiper blades. WTF?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

About a gazillion.

Reply to