S430 MY2005 Windshield has discolored section

I notice at certain angles that the windshield has a trapezoidal section of about 4 - 5 inches each side towards the bottom center. It can be seen only from certain angles. It appears darker than the rest of the windshield. What is this for? It appears intentional in design. Thanks.

Reply to
RickyE

If I remember right, it is the 'open' area for a garage door opener to work correctly.

Reply to
Karl

I thought it was at the lower left corner of the windshield so garage door openers and e-passes would work for toll roads.

Thanks, Ricky

Reply to
RickyE