S500 Best Luxury sedan under $100,000 USD

According to Forbes the best luxury sedan under $100,000 USD is the Mercedes S500.
http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2003/10/27/cx_mf_1027test.html
The 4matic also gets very favorable
mention.
I am surprised they could not get a 2004 with a 7 speed to test.
.
.
Can't remember if it was Road & Track or Car & Driver, but one of those mags just ran a feature comparing Jaguar, Lexus, Bmw, etc, 7 cars in all and the MB came out #1 in their tests/opinions too.
TILL THE FIRST OIL CHANGE
the case, minus a few cans!
YES! They will love if till the first repair, and the first 25000 pits in the too soft windhield, and the teeny tiny cabin compared to the old ones, and the weird repairs, and the strange oil leaks, and the strange power steering leaks, and the strange tranny fluid leaks, and the strange burned out power antennae, and the way its sits there for a second or so after you floor it before it takes off, and the neato styling that makes it look like a dodge neon, and ...

Now now, MCBRUE, don't be bitter. Just be thankful, as indeed your dealer (what's his name? Hans? Franz?) is, that you can afford the little quirks!
Personally I believe that the Best Luxury sedan under $100,000 USD has always been the same : 1990/1995 MB 500E, comfortable, powerful, reliable and discreet, mine is a 1992 with 70,000 miles and it never required anything except the usual maintenance.
I am still waiting for a better car
--
Philippe Bernardini
P.B. Informatique

    That'll be a while, coming from MB. You don't like any of the newer BMW M5s? I'd think the E39 version would suit.     Emanuel
--
"Yeah, you look like the sort of person that would own a corkscrew."
Said by a neighbor borrowing a corkscrew, on my 1st day in a new apartment.