S500 MY2007

I was visiting relatives in Paramus, New Jersey and stopped by Prestige MB where they had the new MY2007 S500 in the showroom. I saw it last Thursday and they had just gotten it in the day before. They're only taking pre-orders.

The new S-class is so beautiful. Even the doors finally have the "brake" feature that keeps those humongous doors open at any angle without slamming into the car next to you. The door pulls/arm rests have a nice elegant feel to them. All the control buttons have the stainless steel or chrome finish. The ambient lighting which follows the wood trim is really very trippy. I'd love to see it at night on a dark road.

The staff at Prestige were very nice that they did not watch over me and my friend as we looked at the car. We had full access to it and I tried almost all the switches, seats, controls, etc.

I can't wait until my current lease on the S430 MY2005 ends and look forward to the new S-Class.

Reply to
RickyE

Was it big enough to sit in without your shoulder rubbing on the door or that little piece between doors? Could you stretch your legs all the way out in the front and have the front of the seat under your knees? Do the windows have that little schrunched up look like it rolled over that the Chrysler and that other new MB have?

mcbrue hopefully under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

I do not know those answers but the car is getting very good reviews. I have yet to see a bad review.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

My shoulders did not rub against that little piece between the doors and I didn't have the seat all the way back to be comfortable. However, I don't have those problems with my 2005 S430, either so I can't tell if it's an improvement or the same.

The car looked more like a Maybach than the BMW considering it has the BMW trunk design.

Ricky

Reply to
RickyE

Thanks Ricky! My big objection to the 2000-2005 Ss is that they are too small for me. Sounds like you fit into them better, but it also sounds like the new one is bigger. I guess the Maybach look could be a good thing, certainly better than the BMW. The new CLS has a scrunched down look with thin windows that I just don't like. So I am glad to hear the S looks like a full size car.

mcbrue under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

mcbrue, I also think the CLS is too scrunched. It looks sexy but I don't think I'd like to deal with getting in and out of that thing every day.

BTW, your English is great! What happened to your Southern dialect?

Ricky

Reply to
RickyE

oops! sorry bout thet, but ah haz bin a socciatin wif sum a them dad ratted yankees whut talks funny an ah haz piked sum a thet up. Ya know we haz had a ice storm whut dun took down a hole buncha trees! An them insurance folks iz all talkin raight funny, even tha ones whut iz frum hear! An then they dun give me a knew knee ova to tha horspital an lots a them iz talkin yankee too! So ah has bin exposed to lotsa funny talk an sum a it haz rubbed off on me. But tha boyz in tha bak iz still partyin on and them is gittin me talking raight agin!

mcbrue partyingonly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

ouch! Hope that works out for you.

Yay!

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

them ole doc dun whut iz called minimaly invasive surgery on tha knee. But he kin still bill non-minimaly fer it! Ya goes in thru tha mid vastas jist a bit ta tha center of tha laig whare its offen tha big ole quadriceps muscle and tendon raight in tha middle of tha thigh an knee. Since ya aint hurtin thet big ole thang, ya gits better reallll fast - laik half tha time of tha ole way. And so far the pain was minimal till the cute little ole Physical Therapists got ta wurkin on it! Tha insurance adjuster whut came ta raise our insurance rate fer loosin alla them 25 pine trees and azelaes and magnolias and oaks and grass and gutters and gas grills in tha last ice storm here had a boy freind down ta Athens Georgia whut did both knees the same day and left the hospital that same day !!!!! Hard ta believe, but who kin doubt an insurance adjustor! There is also a minimaly invasive hip replacement worked out which is really great frum whut alla them sayz! So ifn ya gots any ole folks amungst yer relation, tell em bout this new way ta fix hips an knees. But do not do it unless you have to!!!!!

mcbrue wurkinonwalkinly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

You poor thing. May you walk normally soon!

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Well that sounds much better than what I imagined.

I am glad to hear it went well.

and even with the occasional ice storm I will bet you still have a vastly superior lifestyle compared to many in the Northeast.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

hehehehe ... well when you compare the life style down here under the bridge in South Carolina to what is available in the northeast ... hooooha! Keep the south green - brang them ole (or new) dollars wif ya when ya gives up an moves south!!!

mcbrue stillsorely under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

Thank you , I am definitely going to try.....

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I've heard some good reviews on the "innards" of the '07 S, but am so glad that I went with an '06 for the body style. The '07 looks too Maybach'ish, and the bubbles on the fenders offend me. Probably a nice vehicle, and maybe the looks will grow on me. After all, I preferred the previous incarnation of the S, to even my '06 - just looked more like an MB!

Hunt

Reply to
Hunt