S55 comand troubles

Anyone have information on a fix for a frequent problem I am experiencing? Listening to broadcast radio with the navigation active, at a turn or other announcement from the system instead of "Prepare to take a right" I get a satellite radio station played for the period of time the announcement would be.

This has happened since new in Dec. 03. Several flash updates to the ROM have moved the problem around but not eliminated it.

Thanks

Steve

04 S55 AMG 35,000 and counting
Reply to
poikelos

Demand a new car.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Yes. Demand a new car! After all, if you ordered a meal and the peas were a bit cold you'd expect to owner to build a new restaurant just for you AND give you free food for life!!!! Err no. Actually you'd just expect new (hot) peas. Have they fitted a new COMAND unit yet?

Reply to
Lee

You have a point. Peas however, are gross.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I do not know.

They are both so far into the grossness spectrum that I cannot distinguish a difference.

Their only saving grace is that they are allegedly good for you.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Actually I have requested $12,500 and recieved $7,500 in refunds on the issue so far They have replaced the Comand system twice to no avail.

An item such as the Comand system could push the car into the Lemon Law statute as it's failure significantly detracts from the resale value of the car and they have attemplted 3 times within 30 days to correct it with no betterment.

Peas, btw, are excellent particularly the frozen petis pois when tossed in fresh butter, julienne of orange rind and flamed with grand marnier.

steve

Reply to
poikelos

Yum!

I guess it all depends on the recipe.

I hope the car gets resolved to your satisfaction. Perhaps you should ask for an exceedingly good deal on a trade in. They would probably prefer that to a lemon law situation.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Got a call from the dealer today, they upgraded the software again so we shall see.

steve

Reply to
poikelos