Safest car?

Page 5 of 5
The safest car is the one that stays parked in the drive. ;)

buying
when
and
Tj wrote:

Not Really...
http://www.kcmo.org/parks/storm1.jpg
Cheers, WS
--
Change to leews to mail.

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:45:54 +0800, Lee Wei Shun wrote:

Kind of reminds me of a story that I was told once. At CalTech, there was a big storm that blew down a massive tree that crushed a whole line of cars in a parking log. Anyway, after the incident, the tree was cut up and cleared away, and all the cars had been towed away, except one. Apparently, the owner of the car had was away on vacation and when he got back the tree was completely cleared away and all the other damaged cars were replaced. I can only imagine the look on his face when came and saw his car utterly crushed to the ground with absolutly no indication of how it happened.
:)
Sorry for my two cents but the safest car is the one where the person actually knows how to drive it...hence motor sports! But in all reality, I have seen far more car accidents then I care to remember, I have seen cars that people shouldn't have survived and did! Then there is the "He died in that?" Factor where the car doesn't look that bad and you'd be surprized! In all any car is "safe" unless you are going to go out on the highway during rush hour an get it to a buck thirty, then you could be driving the safest car on the planet and it wouldn't matter!
Driving at 55 one time I was driving up a highway and had an 18 year old kid pull out in front of my pickup, giving me 20 feet or so to stop in. Needless to say I had no place else I could go and limits on the range I had to react, I "T- Boned" his Toyota Corolla just behind the drivers side door, caving in the whole drivers side. I was able to get out of my truck and direct traffic till the police and rescue crews showed up. After I had gone back and told his passenger that help was on the way and NOT to move him! If I hadn't of back the gears down from 5th to 2nd as fast as did he'd probably been dead! I don't think I am a great driver but I know standard transmissions fairly well!!! I feel I had probably hit him doing about 40mph.
Jeigh
The safest car is one that isn't driven. End of story.