Safety recall #2006-080005

:) Drove my car to ATL and had problems with the tail lights, brake lights blowing bulbs! Just received a safetty recall letter from DaimierChrysler AG (DCAG) that a defect which relates to my model car with regards to the tail lamp assemblies. There is now a recall.

DCAG has determined that due to heat generate by the brake lamps, the base of the lamp sockets can be subject to thermal deformation over time....cases a loosening of the elctrical contacts in the sockets, and a failure of the bulb to illuminate...

Am I the only one with this problem? What should I do now besides wait?

Reply to
MyNuMan

What car do you have?

Reply to
Tiger

If the recall applies to your car, I would think the simple answer is you take your car into your dealer and have them replace the defective parts that are the focus of the recall

GM

Recall 2006080005 pertains to the taillight assemblies on the 170 body SLK.

IF you have a 1998 to 2000 yr model, you get 2 new modified taillights.

IF you have a 2001 to 2004 yr model, the recall does not affect you yet. The modified taillights for them are not made yet. IF you read the letter you got, it says "if you have a 01-04 car and IF you have a problem with either of the brake lights; then bring the car in and your dealer will replace the bad one with one in stock, under warranty. When the modified ones arrive, you will be notified to bring it in and have both replaced." IF you have a 01-04 AND you paid to have either one replaced already, you will get a refund for parts and labor for what it would have cost if the car was under warranty and done at a MB dealer.

Karl