Sarasota MB

I have a 2005 SLK 350, Try to avoid the service from them & look elsewhere for a new one. They are horrible since they changed from Glauser to Sarasota. Mine has been in the shop over 35+ days for numerous problems,
each time they say it is fixed it is not & there are more problems when it comes out. The techs have damaged numerous parts "fixing" something else. I asked to see the general manager but they said he does not see customers that is until I started talking in the waiting room & they took me to him. Seemed helpful then but it was just an act to shut me up. I wanted them to buy back my car with 1200 miles but they said MB won't do it & they do what MB says. The regional rep Stains & I had words before so he won't do anything to help & MB USA does what the regional rep says. Now that it is Sarasota MB a part of AutoNation they could care less for the customer, Glauser was always good to the customers. So avoid Sarasota MB at all costs, they are less then useless. Now I will be going through with the lemon law since Sarasota does not want to cooperate. While I was talking to another customer he told me he was charged 3 hours labor, he said he watched & the tech worked 1 hour & was gone from the car 2 hours (lunch). So avoid these stealers, you can get a better price, better service & most important better customer service & caring elsewhere. If I sound bitter it is because I am, I always thought when you buy an MB it is special, I have had 4 including this one, all 3 from Glauser & 1 from these so & so. Some people might say this is sour grapes that is until it happens to them. A Benz is no longer the same Benz it used to be especially with dealers like Sarasota MB. If you live in Florida shop elsewhere for your MB they will not treat you well.
I sure sympathize with you. I rather drive 22 miles to have my SLK serviced by, good and honest dealership techs, than 2 miles to my neighborhood's fancy MB dealer.
Stephen Rabinowitz <steve86@ wrote:

Yes,I have to agree with you! I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with Cal Worthington! Well he bought out the Mercedes Benz dealer here in Alaska and service has spiraled down to an pathetic level.I see about every other time I go in there,an MB owner very cross about some dealing that they are getting the short end of stick.
I think (my opinion) that Mercedes has lost its marker of status,and by this I mean they are so easily acquired off the showroom floor these days. Hope I am not coming off as some type of snob here but once upon a time,it was almost near impossible to own a Benz unless you were a doctor ,lawyer,............Now anyone and everyone drives one,which is a result of the merger with Chrysler. Also I recall MB techs' used to be HIGHLY trained individuals,and nowdays I see 18-20 year olds in the service bay working on these.The image of Mercedes is fading to black these days!!My $.02
Your vehicle is a 2005 model , you say you've lost over 35 days of use due to defects . It seems to me you have a perfect case for the lemon law . I'm not sure how the law`reads in Flordia , but up here in Michigan it would be a slam dunk . Good luck to you , I hope you get satisfaction in this matter. -Dana

Am applying for the lemon law. Update, they just flatbedded the car back to me this morning, I was at work so I just checked it. I had asked for the repair receipt but they did not include what they just did only all the service up to this time so I do not know if they supposedly fixed what it was in for. I do need this receipt for the lemon law which I informed them I was filing. It was in for the new Satellite receiver since mine almost always said "acquiring" & MB has an updated replacement for it, well I sat in the car 10 minutes & it just said acquiring, so either they did not replace it or what. They were supposed to replace the passenger roll hoop as they damaged it by wedging the headrest against it, guess what it came back with the seat reclined & ther headrest wedged into the roll hoop. They were also supposed to replace the back panel the tech damaged but they did not. Also the car still rattles, as well as some other problems as the it still smokes & much more, they told me on the phone yesterday that Larry Stains the regional rep took it for a ride & did not hear a rattle, well I have dealt with that sarcastic Larry Stains & he would not admit it even if he heard it. I have no use for him, MB USA & especially Sarasota MB as they are the ones who should intervene on the customers part as the General Manager Darrin Chrismann said he would as he said he has a good repoire with Stains. He sure does as they are both a bunch of lying skunks.