SAT Nav

I have a UK cdi 270 E class
I want sat nav
any suggestions in terms of where I can get one at what price?

Read any newspaper or visit Dixons/PC World/Argos/Halfords etc

For the price they charge for those dedicated units I have been thinking it might be better to just get a laptop and run Microsoft's Streets and Trips which would provide the GPS capability. Plus you would get a much larger screen and a general purpose machine to boot.
.
MrGrumpy wrote:

http://www.shop.viamichelin.co.uk/shopexd.asp?catalogIDQ9
This is not a dedicated unit. It is based on a PDA. Much better than having to balance a laptop on the passenger seat.
If a PDA is already available one just needs to buy the software and GPS gadget. Another manufacturer besides Michelin (Garmin?) offers it too. One just needs to Google...
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Save a lot of trauma by buying a Navman iCN 520 . Joe

I use a Tomtom 700 successfully
Sifeba wrote:

John Schofield wrote:

I've been thinking about getting one of these. How do you like it so far? I'm really intrigued by the Bluetooth aspect of it.
The bluetooth aspect is excellent the range is very good it even picks the phone up when I am outside in the car and the phone is in the house.
I also find it very helpful in warning you about safety camera locations and may other applications the 700 is very well appointed and will not disappoint.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

John Schofield wrote:

Thanks for the info. I had no idea the BT range would be so great onthe 700. I wish I could compare it to the 300 before I buy one. Do you use the POI's a lot?
If I remember correctly the 300 does not have BT.
I use POI to log various items that I require, like having to return to the same place more than once as my memory is not as good as it was, now where's the car parked?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A great deal of info at this site. Look at the PDA solutions if you already have the PDA: http://www.gpspassion.com