Saw a Maybach on the street today...

Page 2 of 2

Good God.. it's a frigging tourbillion. Those things are tens of thousands of dollars no matter who makes them.
There's a bunch of different Mercedes watches, some are not much better than a Swatch, while others have the same movement ("guts") as the Omega Speedmaster, the Lemania Cal 1873. The Troubillion pictured here would almost certainly have been made by Lemania, who to this day make Bregeut watches; Breguet invented the tourbillion.
This is a very serious, very expensive watch; I'd imagine it costs about the same as a new SLK.
snipped-for-privacy@vrx.news (Richard Sexton) haute in die Tasten:

IMHO it is butt ugly nevertheless.
Frank

No kidding. It's just silly. A lot of expensive watches look realy really odd to the point of looking stupid. If you want a Breguet tourbillion buy a Breguet tourbillion. But this thing just looks cheap to me.
I think I know who own that car... a friend's client owns it... just got it too...

Yeah, it looked brand new.
He must be pretty obsessed with privacy though; It was completely impossible to see inside at all. I've never seen a car with the front windshield tinted black.
"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote:

No, the 57 is still in production.
Some time later there will be the Maybach 53, starting at roughly 200.000 Euro plus taxes.
Juergen
Is Maybach 53 a two-door coup?
Juergen . wrote:

Ennui Society wrote:

No, a 4-door sedan.
Seems DC has realized their production forecasts - 1000 Maybachs a year - haven't exactly met reality (to say it in a polite way and to avoid terms like _amateur idiots_ and _complete loss of reality_).
So they will produce a smaller variant, the Maybach 53 which with its entry price of roughly 200.000 Euros without tax shall attract buyers of top-of-the-line S-Classes etc. pp. (which start at ca. 110.000 Euro without tax in standard trim).

Won't they at least expand to 2-door coup and cabriolet edition?
Rolls-Royce is looking into that avenue, too, probably similar to its lovely EX100 version.
Juergen . wrote:

...and I saw my first Maybach on the street yesterday. I was driving and it was coming in the opposite direction and I noticed it by thinking it looked like a Merc but was subtly different.
It stopped at a mini-roundabout (a very English traffic measure) to let me turn right as I had priority. I gestured several times to give him right of way so I could have a good look on passing by, but he wouldn't. So I had to see its black profile in my rear-view mirror.
Saw too little to say much more, unfortunately. There is a showroom in London, but who's got the time to go...?...
DAS