scanner or code readers?

Hi all,

My problem is when I stop, drive or back up the car surges (rpm normal about

800 surging 1600rpm. I would like some suggestions or what is a relatively priced scanner or code reader. I have already changed the O2 sensor in the exhaust pipe. I have a 1989 560SEL with 155,000 miles on the odometer.

TIA,

Bill

Reply to
Bill G.

Scanner won't help in this car... not much... and too much money for one.

It is most likely to be the idle speed controller that needs to be replaced. I did that on my 380SE. I would take out the ICV out and clean it out with carburator cleaner.

Service manual for diagnostic on this is straightforward if you have the MB original CD.

Reply to
Tiger

Hey Tiger,

I have alldata to look up where parts are located, is the ICV on top of the engine (by the firewall?. I also looked online for a new valve, AUTOHAUS shows the price $150, is that right?

Bill

Reply to
Bill G.