Seat Adjustment Problem on 107

The driver's seat on my 380sl won't slides back and forth, but won't stay in place anywhere on its rails. And I can't figure out how the locking mechanism should work.

I can see that lifting the handle coming out from under the seat next to the console activates a lever under the seat's other side (via a cable), and that the lever then raises and lowers a plate further back. However, I can't see how or where that plate is supposed to lock the seat in place, and why it isn't doing it. So, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burns