seat belt lock

Hello all,
My seat belt lock on an '82 300D does not want to lock up on the buckle. I can push in the buckle, but the lock never catches.
Is this something usually fixable or should I start looking at recyclers
to find a replacement unit?
gom
It is a safety problem so you are better off getting another used buckle from recycler.