seat control

i'm trying to replace the driver's side seat control button (button and the actual switch) in my 1982 300 SD. Someone has offered me an equivalent part from a 420 sel. Does anyone know if that vehicle has the same seat control mechanism?

Reply to
dougcullen

Yes and know. It will fit and electrically it's the same.

The downside is the old part had tabs you solder wires on to. Thenew part has those nice silver barel connectors, so you'll need to get a set of them, solder them onto your wires then it will fit. Get both male and female connectors when you get the switch and you'll have all the parts you need.

For reasons nobody can explain to me, the switches are electrically incompatible. Here's what I had to do to get my 83 to work with new switches:

Richard Sexton