Seat Sensor

The passenger seat of newer models (Australia) has a sensor to detect if the seat is occupied and switches on the passenger airbag and seat tensioner.
Can anyone tell me the method this sensor uses to detect a passenger and what is the minimum weight to activate same?
Joe
As far as I know... it is weight. For baby seat, MB makes their own baby seat with a chip embedded to turn off the airbag. I do know know any spec.
It uses a strain gauge in the seat base. To activate it takes about 16Kg. The MB child seat uses a Transponder to switch the ACSR on.
<DIV>As far as I know... it is weight. For baby seat, MB makes their own baby seat with a chip embedded to turn off the airbag. I do know know any spec.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=