Seats in 560 SEL not working...

Can anyone in the group tell me why the power seats in both my 560 and 190 will work with a door open, but not work with unless a door is open? I drive
down the road and have to open a door to adjust either front seat. Anyone have a schematic they would like to share? Thanks in advance for any help! Joe
You have a blown fuse. The vehicle is designed to provide power to the seats with the door open/key on or off and with the door closed ignition on. The door closed/ignition on circuit has a blown fuse. Check the fuse box for specific fuse number and amperage.
Dick

As somebody else suggested it could be a fuse. But for that to be true the other things that fuse runs would also not be working, so if everything else works, that aint it.
There is one very nasty thing it could be. The wires that go from the fusebox power separaterion relay go into the door and are surrounded by a rubber bellows. Examine yours carefully. If's it's torn or there's cracks look inside. What I've sen happen once is the wired themselevs work haden and break and only make contact properly when the door is open. The ods of this happening on two cars at the same time are pretty remote though.
You need to get yoruself a set of the factory manuals on CD, they have all the scahematics for all models or all years (they differe greatl yyear to year, model to model).
You can get the manuals off ebay cheap enough. The file you want is a multi megabyte pdf of all the schematics.