Seattle winter tires

Anybody care to make a recommendation for a studless? I'm leaning toward Nokian but not sure which one would be the best choice.

TIA

Reply to
JD

it doesn't get better than nokians, I have a set of 4 16 inchers that have about 12k miles on them I'd love to sell since I've moved to FLA __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

Nokian R is the one to get... unless you live in Colorado condition... then I'd opt for studded Hakka instead.... which is super extreme winter driving.

Nokian R is the newest one of the studless tire... it is a step ahead of the RSi... that I have.

Reply to
Tiger

That's the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks!!

JD

Reply to
JD
195 65 16's? Are they R's or RSi's? How much? Is it worth the hassle to ship them to 98258?

JD Blackwell

jdoe wrote:

Reply to
JD

they are probably R's they are a few years old, I had them on my e320. even in a few inches of snow they were great I used to use them 3 or 4 months a year and I have no clue how much it would cost to ship from 32082 __________________________________________ Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reply to
jdoe

In Coeur d'Alene, ID we had 200" of snow last year and I've never used studded tires in my life. Drove a Porsche 911 in all kinds of weather in northern New Mexico and never had any trouble. I feel studs are only good for contractors that are employed to repave roads.

The freeway to Spokane is a mess...primarily because of studded tires. Drive like you know what you are doing and you won't need them. You have AWD and great breaks on that E320!!! Just don't do any racing in the winter! ;-)

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Good to know Joe... my experience is Nokian studless tires for more than 8 years. Can't imagine the need to studded tires... only Tirerack suggestions tells me more about why some need studded tires.

Reply to
Tiger